CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 17, 2009

I'm crazy. See Below for PROOF

So. I'm behind. My life is happening and for some reason I'm struggling to write about it. I may or may not have convinced myself in the last week that blogging is lame and makes me less of a human. I'm not sure exactly how that happened because I'm not one of those overly critical, high self-monitors who lives in constant fear that my life doesn't mirror the picturesque lifestyle of my friends, nor do I make certain that every single part of my existence coincides with the norm. To put it bluntly, and possibly ruin every claim I've spouted about this blog not being utilized as a medium to promote narcissism..I kind of think everything I do is great. For example, I'm listening to Miley Cyrus' 'Party in the USA' on repeat so I can memorize all of the lyrics, watching Reba on TV (it's muted..I just like seeing her feisty expressions every now and again), weighing the level of ostentation the pink color I chose for my fingernails suggests, and having absolutely no cognitive dissonance about the fact that I'm a 21 year old behaving like a pre-Joel Madden, Hillary Duff.

I guess what I'm saying is it's out of character for me to even consider that writing in a blog makes me a weirdo..because even though it does, I wouldn't care. However, the truth of the diminishing level of my usual oozing, self-confidence, remains. I think it has a lot to do with what I've been wanting to write about recently..myself..shudder.. I refuse to treat this blawg like a desperate cry for attention, not dissimilar to a facebook status crafted solely to incite curiosity and subsequently, the label 'pathetic loser'. HOWEVER, writing is cathartic, and recently all I've wanted to do is be analytical and write sweet nothings about my existence..not to incite curiosity or find myself guilty of TMI, rather, just because that's where this writer's block as taken me.

In an ideal world, my blogs would be centered around hilarity and truth, and I want to acknowledge that I'm not doing that. I'm talking about things I'd probably deny to half of the people that may or may not read this. BUT.. it is, as all good things are, my prerogative. It's the way the cookie crumbles, the cake I'll have and eat too, the bed I've made and try to sleep in. ahahaaha. In the words of Miley: I'm Nodding my head like, 'yeah!' Moving my hips like, 'yeah!' You're welcome.

0 comments: