CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesday Chronicles

I couldn't be more bored. As I sit slumped in my office rolly chair, I'm pretending to draft an email and typing nonsense into excel spreadsheets. I'm also listening to the light rock musical selection of my intern director, trying to decide just how noticeable it would be if I take a quick roll around the office in said chair just to see what everyone else is doing. I think it would kill at least 9 minutes. I prefer rolly chairs to stationary ones, there's something about the option for movement that just feels more spontaneous than a chair without wheels. I imagine it's a feeling similar to the way immobile geriatrics feel about their walkers

I'm on my third piece of gum since arriving here at 9 a.m. The burst of flavor livens things up for 3-4 minutes. And, fingers crossed, I might be able to 'accidentally' get a bubble or two in just to drown out jazz keyboards and Kenny G solos for a few brief seconds.

Less than hour until I can leave. I always feel better when the time that needs to elapse is in minutes. Minutes I can handle, hours make me want to punch a hole in my computer screen. I think I could do it.

Secret Lover is now the song I'm listening to whilst furthering my opportunity in the business realm at this 'internship'. Seriously, nobody gains valuable experience for the future when being forced to hum along to 'Secret Lover.' NOBODY.

I've used the bathroom 4 times in 3 hours. 3 of these times were false alarms. I drink a lot of water while I'm here just to better my chances of that needing a reason to get up and take a break from staring blankly at Microsoft Word documents.

9 minutes till I can gracefully and professionally get the hell out of here. I think I'll even things out and chew one more piece of gum and use the restroom one more time.. Then peace out. It's been a good day at the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Accomplished my tasks in the first hour and a half I was here, and analyzed my potential as a contributing member of the workforce for the rest of it. Good day I'd say.

0 comments: