CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 18, 2009

ONE

It was one of those days. A day started with purpose. A morning full of genuine positivity for whatever lies ahead. With the night ending dismally abrupt with said positivity replaced with unpleasant reality crashing (an ironic line, you'll soon understand) all around.

You can see I'm being dramatic. But I have a right you see, for without drama everyday life becomes dull. A mindless exchange of pleasantries laced with practiced motions so familiar you don't even realize their existence. (More drama, needless, but fun.)

I got in a wreck today. My first. I'm fine. The other driver was fine. Everyone's fine. Except my poor, pathetic, nearly geriatric, 10-year-old car. A companion since I was 15 (I shouldn't say loyal, seeing as to how it has often left me stationary in my time of need..), my Jetta has been through it all. Blown out tires, catalytic converter catastrophes, a smashed windshield via pumpkin, rear ending my sister's car, stalling in the middle of roads, and now..it's current injury. Body damage from a car driving at approximately 30 miles an hour and t-boning me in the middle of an intersection. No need for details, it was my fault. Let's just say babies truly will be the death of me.

It just sucks. No one likes getting yelled at and being chastised to tears in the middle of a neighborhood, juxtaposed to a smashed car. (I never said drama was kind..) The point is, yes there is always a point, I find it so interesting that on days I VOW to be positive, days I SWEAR not to be anxious, I am so quickly tested. So suddenly asked to demonstrate my commitment to my arbitrary promise. Needless to say, I failed. I forgot for just a moment (by that I mean until just now..) that my life is charmed. Good thing I am remembering it now. Whew! That was a close one.

0 comments: