CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 3, 2009

rip arachnid friend

And in an instant, with a swift slide of hand, clutching my formerly worn strapped black sandal now housing the juicy remains of a moderately sized spider once crawling freely across my wall, only to be remembered now by the small green stain that appeared as a result of his crushed lifeless body...I sit.

I have to admit. I'm a horrible blogger. It's been 6 months or so since I've 'posted' which I'm SURE, is much to the dismay of the very large following this brilliant blog has inevitably developed.

Though not analytical by nature, I've recently tried to discover what emotion it is that leads me to put my pen to paper, or in this case, hands to keyboard. I find it interesting that after I, perhaps prematurely, force an innocent arachnid to take its last breaths, I'm triggered to write. I have to wonder which specific events give me the desire to outlet my thoughts. After months of tiresome research, I've come to the conclusion that I do not write when I'm happy. It never occurs to me during the times that I am most content to record my innermost victories however simple or complex they may be. Whether it's writing 6 paragraphs about the 3 bags of kettle corn I just ate and the episode of Kathy Griffin that made me piss myself laughing..or the amazing weekend I had wit da peeps, it is only during times of insecurity, moments of complication, and horrifying annoyance that I want to remember every anxiety ridden thought I am thinking.



Alas, since this discovery, I am attempting an experiment. A series of tests, if you will, to determine if I can indeed produce coherent thought in the times of my contentity. (totally made up word) For the record, my current state of existence is not one of perplexion or hatred. I couldn't be more relaxed..lounging in my room listening to the sweet melodic harmonies of Cat Stevens and anticipating greatly the rest of the week

Life is exciting when you have so many non-specific things to look forward to. It's different from events, that build anticipation..but are over..so quickly. Like this spring semester for example, I recognize, completely, how horribly nerdy it makes me to anticipate school beginning again, but I can't help it! I love the blissful, carefree spring, with its lack of commitments and abundance of birthdays and spring breaks..I just can't get enough. Call me a narcissist, but I feel like March is MY month, and its very existence is enough cause for celebration.

So there you have it. I wrote something. Is it coherent? Mildly. Is it interesting and relevant? Not in the slightest. But that's what blogs are for, writing nonsense that no one cares about but yourself. I love it. I bid thee farewell.

1 comments:

Dani Dias said...

caro (sans ann):

again i think you are a wonderous writer and i feel slightly creepy reading this... but then i reassure myself, blogs are for creeping.

i found that i got into the habit of only blogging when i am hit with anger/sadness etc; so i to have been experimenting with happyblogging. i wonder why i don't feel the need when i am content??

ANYWAY, i am SO excited you are coming to my bday party! woo woo!